Magic is like painting, and the world is your canvas
Through the Motions is a story about Deanna Richardson, an amateur painter who gains magic powers after a chance encounter with a witch who lives in her neighborhood. As this is her first exposure to magic, she strives to figure out how to use her new powers while trying to balance her hobby, her social life, and a part-time job.
The first chapter of the story was published on February 15, 2019, but has been on hiatus since February 2020. It can also be read at Archive of Our Own, FictionPress, Royal Road, and Wattpad. More in-depth information can be found on TV Tropes.
The author recommends this story for teen and older audiences for some mild foul language and occasional violence.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Witch of Emerson Park
- Chapter 2: Lasting Impressions
- Chapter 3: Brand Recognition
- Chapter 4: Hand It Over
- Chapter 5: What Would Your Parents Think?
- Chapter 6: The Curious Cobalt-Cloaked Customer
- Chapter 7: A Different Angle
- Chapter 8: Nondescript
- Chapter 9: Thorny Issue
- Chapter 10: Study Session
- Chapter 11: Keeping the Lights On
- Chapter 12: Page 15 Girl
- Chapter 13: Disappearing, Reappearing Act
- Chapter 14: What Lies Ahead?
- Chapter 15: We Shall Come Bearing Gifts
- Chapter 16: A Toast
- Chapter 17: Prep Time
- Chapter 18: Crash Course
- Chapter 19: Try-Out Thursday
- Chapter 20: Showing Off for the Judges
- Chapter 21: Signing On
- Chapter 22: Let’s Get a Physical
- Chapter 23: Playing the Field
- Chapter 24: Day One Addition